A clock app for iPhone entitled 俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない iP was released by NamcoBandai Games Inc. on Apple AppStore Japan barely days ago. Featuring Kousaka Kirino as the clock girl where you can interact with her, somewhat. Ok, whenever you ‘touch’ her, she will interact by fidgeting while saying something that you masochist might love to hear. While it’s free, there’s nothing much to expect from this app and for those who are wondering, this is slightly a better app than that of Danny Choo’s Mirai Clock.
Below is a video which I take upon playing around with this app using my Lumix LX3.
Since the app is only available for Japanese AppStore, there’s a somewhat tricky stuff to get it in a sense that you do not jailbreaking your iPhone. You are required to have a Japanese Apple account but you might be wondering how to I register an account there for free since your credit card might not be usable for Japan AppStore.
- Open iTunes on your PC/Macbook and then select iTunes Store on the left sidebar. (Oh, make sure you’re logged out if you already your own AppleID account of different country)
- Scroll down to bottom right corner, you might be seeing a button representing your country (or whatever your account was registered previously). Click that and change to Japan (you might not be seeing Japan but 日本 instead).
- Find a free app through the search panel on top left (or simply search for this ‘俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない iP’).
- Click the FREE button there and it will prompt out a small window requiring you to sign in your account. Create a new account instead.
- Obviously when creating a new account, you are required to get a different email than your other AppleID account. The password also required at least 8 characters with a lowercase letter, an UPPERCASE letter and a numb3r (which is a hassle ever since Malaysian AppleID wasn’t that strict like this when I created it).
- On the next page, it will immediately select ‘None’ for your preferred credit card. You, however, need to fill out the address part where you can simply find them out through the Internet.
- After this, you will be receiving an email to activate the account. Click the given link and key in the email and password that you have used in 5. and your account can be used now.
- Go to your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad and get into the Settings > Store. Sign out from you current account and use your new Japanese AppleID you just created.
- Find the app through App Store and download it.
Eventually, you can download them already by using your PC or Macbook but when you want to sync them with your iPhone, it will erase your other apps on it since you’re using different account which is why you need to download manually through your device like in 9.
P/S: I wonder if they actually making one for Kuroneko <3